Saturday, March 24, 2012

Training Day

It was actually a week, but I like the movie reference too much.  A pictorial essay of my trip to Lakewood for training.  Obviously, I don't get out much, so this was highly unusual!  Mostly pics, and some of my fave FB exchanges.  Pics and FB courtesy of my smart phone, since I didn't take my real camera, and I don't own a laptop.  FB exchanges have been redacted to protect my friends who don't relish the idea of Internet Celebrity.  I LOVE the word, redact.

Before:  My duffel bag, from under my bed.

After:  I had to vacuum it, and then wipe it off.

Before:  My pile of laundry.

After:  Laundry did!
A note about driving to Lakewood:  Does the state of Washington have a personal grudge against Federal Way and Tacoma?  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  But, I was literally thisclose to pulling over to make sure I didn't have a flat tire.  The road surface on I-5 in those cities is so awful!  I took 405 as far as I could, and I remembered it fondly, as I suffered through the psychological trauma of the freeway here.  Thank goodness I don't have to drive that every day.  My personality couldn't take it!


My living room.

My entertainment center.  Cable!

My office.

This bed is the size of a football field.




I usually sleep with my socks on, and I usually kick them off in the night.  In a bed the size of a football field, it was really difficult to find them in the morning!  How did they get all the way over there?!?

My room number.  If I was very clever, I would have lined it up, so the light reflecting  would  be at the very front of the train, and it would look like the train had its headlight on!


The hallway.  One:  have hoteliers never seen The Shining?!?  Omg!  Quit using red in hallways!  So creepy!  Two:  speaking of creepy.  Nothing feels quite as creepy, as taking a picture in an empty public hallway.  Except when you hear a door, and realize the hallway isn't empty, and you look like a total creep.  If you're with a friend, you can pretend it's funny or crazy-funny.  When you're alone, it just feels uber-creepy.

Olive Garden Baked Tortellini and Breadsticks.

Olive Garden Salad.

Olive Garden Tiramisu.

Applebee's Oriental Chicken Salad and maybe a Maple Blondie.

IHOP BLT, Fresh Fruit, and Chocolate something.



I knew there was a mountain here somewhere, but I never saw it until I was driving away!

No comments:

Post a Comment