Sunday, February 3, 2013

Phun With Photos

For Christmas, my present to myself was installing Instagram on my phone, now that I have a phone that is capable of both having and using apps!  I'm late to most technological parties, which I swear saves me a lot of money.  

Once I had Instagram, I had to get a grid app to make those cute collages.  Then I had to join a photo challenge, so I would post more than pics of food.  Then I had to figure out how to turn on the flash in the Instagram camera, so my food pics aren't so unbearably dark!  Sorry about that!  Then I had to join a second photo challenge, so I could do the same photos as my friends.  Then I had to figure out how to share my Instagram photos on this blog, because clearly there isn't enough Instagram in my life already.  Oh em gee.  But I did think you might like to know what apps and tools I'm using if you're still reading!

First, here's a screenshot of Instagram on my phone.  This is the screen I get when I click the camera button. I don't know why it took me so long to figure out the flash -- it's obviously the button with the lightning bolt.  


But also!  If you want to Instagram a pic that's already on your phone, you just click the gallery button next to the camera button, and choose the photo.  I like the photoaday challenges, but sometimes I'm too lazy to take a new photo, so I just find a photo that fits the theme.  You can also take pics with your regular phone camera, or find a pic on FB, and choose Instagram from your sharing options.  I have a lot of pics on FB that I haven't synced to my phone, but I can still 'gram 'em up.


And, if I want to make a collage of several photos, I use an app called PhotoGrid.  There are a lot of options for shapes, borders and backgrounds, but I think I like when I keep it kind of simple.  These are pics I took with my phone camera, pulled into PhotoGrid, then Instagrammed the heck out of 'em.




And, today I wanted to add my Instagram photos to this blog, so I got SnapWidget.  They have a video tutorial on how to add it as a gadget on your blog, or share it on a website.  Fun!  And all these apps and tools are free, because the only thing I am more of than lazy, is cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment